Experience the beauty of Kenya
Kenya Safari Cost
The average Kenya Safari Cost is USD $3000 for a 10-day Safari in Kenya. Budget safaris cost around $1700 while Luxury Safaris would cost as much as $6,000. These amounts do NOT include international flights, visa fees, and medical insurance. All of these Kenya Safari Tours will have wildlife viewing and some will include time at the beach. Let us break down what you expect to pay when coming on a Kenya Safari and different examples of tours and their cost structures.
Here is a short table summarizing the Kenya Safari Tour Cost structures for the Best Safari Kenya.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS KENYA SAFARI PACKAGES COST?
- Transportation (from and to Nairobi)
- 3 meals a day (drinks not included)
- Accommodation in a basic tent (often shared) outside of the National Park
- Maasai Mara National Park entrance fee
- Game Drive & Others
HOW MUCH KENYA BUDGET SAFARI COST?
Cost: $1,000 – $1,700
Most Kenya Budget Safari will be bare-bones and will include the essentials that would constitute an ok safari. Kenya Accommodation for these types of trips would usually be in basic tents with basic amenities like a shower and bathroom. If you will be booked in hotels they will usually be budget hotels with no frills.
What They Include:
The amenities usually included in these kinds of budget safaris include:
- Meals: Breakfast Lunch and Supper
- Transport: By Four-wheel drive safari vehicles
- Accommodation: In tented camps and budget hotels
- Activities: Game drives in the national parks, and sometimes will include visits to indigenous people like the Maasai villages.
- Park fees: budget safaris usually include park entry fees into the cost of the safari and you will not need to worry about paying for them.
- A professional driver/guide: good safari companies hire professional drivers who also act as guides for your safari.
- All transportation: once the tour starts.
- Drinking water: this is an essential one since, as I have written in this article it is not advisable for foreigners to drink tap water in Kenya.
What They Don’t Include
Due to the fact that these are budget safaris, they would have very few frills and would NOT include the following
- Transfers to and from the airport: transfers from international airports to the start of your Safari would usually require an additional payment.
- Accommodation before and after the Safari Starts: If you will be arriving the day before your safari starts or planning to stay one or two days after your safari ends you will need to pay for the accommodation yourself.
- Local Flights: while flights are very convenient in helping you get around Kenya they are also not cheap and would not be included in most budget safaris.
- Special Meals & Drinks: on some occasions, you may need to cater for your own drink bills or pay for any special meals that may not be within the budget of your safari.
We have designed many Kenya Safari Packages fitting different budgets and combining some of the top-rated Kenya safari destinations. Whatever your interests are, you are bound to find a Kenya Safari Tours that works for you.
If you are one of those adventurous, out of the box travellers, let us know what you have in mind. Together we will come up with a unique Kenya Safari Packages! Tailor-made to suit your Kenya travel plans and budget. With African Outback Safaris, you will explore Kenya, your way. Click here to start tailor-making your Kenya Safari Tours.
Travel Guide City By City
Related Travel Tips
Speak To Someone
Who's Been There
Start Planning Your Tailor Made Tripby Contacting one Of Our African Specialist